So lets see.. Our trip over was hectic. We barely made our last connecting flight but when we got arrived our bags sadly did not. So we spent our first day picking up a few things. Not so bad but it always amazes me how much St. John's has grown and changed in the 10+ years since I left.
We then headed out to Bonavista where my dad lives. We had a great time hanging out with him (see previous post! haha) and got a few projects done around his house.
The biggest of those projects were some news steps coming down from the drive way for him. Joe did an excellent job!
We also headed out to be close (-r) to the ocean. You can see it from pretty much anywhere in Bonavista and it only takes minutes til you're close enough to touch it! Tho we didn't do that coz its pretty cold!
![]() |
| Ok I lied, Joe didn't keep his hands out of the ocean, even tho its just a tide pool, its still freezing cold and apparently slimy... |
![]() |
| Trying to listen for the ocean inside a sea snail shell... She said she heard it but I think that was the real ocean 10 feet away from her.... |
![]() |
| Would have been a perfect picture had I known it was being taken and I hadn't ducked! |
![]() |
| Its ridiculously hard to get a good crashing wave picture! |
![]() |
| Spoiler: Most likely this picture will be coming with Christmas cards! |
![]() |
| Our collection of sea shells |
Here are a few more pictures from when we went to the Bonavista cape (see previous post below)


![]() |
| Nice little beach... just slightly difficult to get to (no we didn't try...) |


![]() |
| The flag + wind would not cooperate! |
I think the biggest success of my trip was getting my dad to take a few little family pictures! Maria is a great tool when it comes to motivating some people... haha! Tho we had to bribe her with silly pictures (as you will see below...)

Eventually we made it back to St. John's and spent some time with my Aunt Janet. She's lucky enough to live minutes away from Kent's pond (I'm pretty sure that's the name) which has a walking trail and anxious ducks who will fly across the pond looking for food if they see someone stopped on the other side (this happened to us twice.. thankfully we had food for them).
Then we got to spend some time with 2 of my best friends! We had an excellent supper and got some nice pictures. For the last 3 or 4 years we have taken a version of this picture (on the right). I'm guessing next year we won't be holding our kiddos!
And I think that's it! :) We had a great visit. I always wish it wasn't such a long trip to get to Newfoundland because I'd be there more often!
























No comments:
Post a Comment